Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Trumps Tax Plan and why it will work

On 01/17/2016 09:32 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
I get the sense that, after the war, at least some Germans tended to
keep quiet on the subject because their consciences told them that, as a
people, they deserved it.

There was some sort of collective guilt that hasn't quite worn off,
unfortunately. Besides, the winners control the story. Ever hear of the
Cap Arcona?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Cap_Arcona_%281927%29

Isn't that a kick in the butt? Survive the prison camps in the east only
to die one day before Germany's unconditional surrender when the RAF
sinks your ship.

"RAF Pilot Allan Wyse of No. 193 Squadron recalled, "We used our cannon
fire at the chaps in the water... we shot them up with 20 mm cannons in
the water. Horrible thing, but we were told to do it and we did it.
That's war."

Don't expect a movie starring Leonard DiCaprio anytime soon.