Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default eReader options

On 01/16/2016 11:40 PM, Don Y wrote:
I've also been rummaging through older languages with an eye towards
language features that would be suitable for a *user's* scripting
language (i.e., something a non-technical person could use to
say: "When I come home, at night, turn on the kitchen lights
as soon as I open the door.")

Imagine doing that in many of the modern languages -- littered
with lots of bizarre punctuation and idioms that make a *programmer's*
life easier -- but do nothing for a NON-programmer!

FORTH. The core language is a bit arcane but you can create words that
are suitable for the end user. I did one project to develop a simple
interface for QA engineers who were using a robotic arm to pick and
place the components under test.