Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What Can Cause A Shower Trap To Empty Out?

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 10:59:08 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"IGot2P" wrote in message
On 1/16/2016 6:52 PM, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 15:41:02 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

That said, I have to assume that some of you have a guest shower that
goes 20 days without being used. Are your traps empty after 3 weeks?

I have a shower that goes as much as 6 months without being used. I
use the toilet next to it every day.

The above implies that you are full of sh*t but not very clean.

It could be like my houe. Just me and the wife are here now. The main
bedroom and bath are on the first floor. On the second is a bath room. The
tub is seldom used, but I use the toilet up there almost every day. About
once a week if I think about it, I run some water in the tub just to keep
the trap full.

But do you have to? Do you get the gurgling if you don't?