Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Two captcha questions

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 8:25:16 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 00:45:40 -0000 (UTC), Ken Cito
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 16:36:10 -0700, Neill Massello wrote:

No, they're using you to do the OCR on words that stump their software.
You're doing the work that computers won't. But be happy: this means we
won't be terminated by our new machine overlords.

But how do they know what we type in is right?

You raise the question, This might be great for interpreting a portion
of text, which, when combined with other text that is readable, or
which was also interpreted using captcha users, makes sense.

But what about cases where a plurality or even a vast majority of
users give the same answer, what it looks like, but the answer is
wrong? I don't know. I haven't read the wikip page or anything
else, but I suspect they don't have an answer.

Perhaps you should read the page. I posted the link for a reason.