Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Key contact restoration

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 11:15:52 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

I found a part I had made using Flexane 94, which shows 85, so that's
much to hard to flex. I don't have something handy that will work,
but I'll do some catalog searching this weekend. Offhand, I would
suspect that bathroom caulk, rain gutter seal, or other commonly
available silicone rubber compound might work but might also be too
soft (typically 25 to 30 durometers). Structural silicone might be
harder. Digging:
http://www.siliconeforbuilding.com/pdf/structuralglazing/Data_Sheet_SSG4000_UltraGlaze.pdf
Argh... only 39.

One of my customers, who customizes automobiles, recommended this
stuff:
https://www.freemansupply.com/products/liquid-tooling-materials/mold-making-silicone-rubber/bluestar-addition-cure-silicone-rubber/v-340-mold-making-silicone-rubber-low-viscosity
http://www.miapoxy.com/p-124-bluestar-v-340-silicone-rubber.aspx
Note the 400% elongation before tearing. Ideal would be 45 to 50
durometer, so methinks the 45A version might work best. He didn't
have a cured sample, so I dumped a blob on a piece of wood. We'll see
what it looks like on Tuesday.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D