Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Condensing boiler temperature setting

On 14/01/2016 21:45, ARW wrote:
"rick" wrote in message
On 14/01/2016 12:34, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Has anyone got any thoughts on the correct setting for the temperature
dial on a condensing boiler please?

Its only marked MAX and MIN and has always been left on MAX since it was
installed a few years ago. Our HW stat is on 80C, because that is what I
want. Set the boiler output temperature too low and it will constantly
cycle on and off unable to achieve the demand.

Suggestions and your reasoning please?

I run mine of max at all times .... control handed over to tank stat,
which cuts boiler off when it reached 65 degrees

TBH I have never seen a tank stat that goes over 65 deg.

Eh ? ..... my tank stat goes up to 90