jakdedert

Default Video camera to portable TV

Parts Express has a fair number of small (3"-6") video monitors. The one I
bought a year or so ago (around $100--4") had a switch to reverse the image.
Apparently it was designed for use as you describe--12 volt supply,
composite video input.

jak

"Pete Culf" wrote in message
Hi Paul,
With a CRT monitor you can just reverse the horizontal scan connections to
the scan coils on the yoke but an LCD screen is a totally different thing
and I wouldn't dream of trying to do it. I think these things would be
driven by software and are easily damaged. Of course you could mount the
monitor facing away from you and look at it in a mirrormounted on the

dash.
Best of luck with the project.
Regards,
Pete

"Paul" wrote in message
om...
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply!

Ahh, this is true. I actually hadn't intended this to be a
rear-view mirror, but for the future I'll keep this subtlety in mind
since it never occured to me.
Do you know how to modify a CRT to reverse the scan? That's an
interesting idea. One other possibility may be to use optics to
reverse the image before it gets to the camera (e.g. mount the camera
backwards, then have two prisms that form a miniature periscope to the
forward direction).

If this is getting way off-topic, someone please let me know.

Thank you,
Paul

"Pete Culf" wrote in message

It may or may not be possible to inject the video signal directly into

this
TV but a more serious problem you haven't addressed at all is that, if

you
intend this to be a fancy rear view mirror, then the picture observed

on
screen will be completely reversed to
that which you would expect to see. in other words without altering

the
scan
orientation it wont work. (Overtaking vehicles for instance will be on

the
wrong side). It would be a lot easier to swap the scan with a CRT type
display, but modifying a LCD display in this way is potentially a much

more
difficult problem. Sorry I can't be a bit more helpful but this may

save
you
a lot of time in the long run.
Regards,