Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Extreme Sandbox (now: Alaska Howitzer)

On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 10:19:08 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:20:45 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/14/2016 5:40 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I'm no military expert but I like reading about

and watching documentaries about tanks and other
military vehicles. I remember something about
civilian use of a 105mm howitzer to cause
preventative avalanches and looked it up to find
that The Alaska Railway uses the howitzer to
trigger man made avalanches along the track. I
wonder how the big guns wind up in civilian hands?
There is a cool(no pun) YouTube video of the
railroad workers firing the howitzer at a
mountainside. There is also a website for the
TV series that produced the video and other
videos about Alaska. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m42jaXAgOO0

http://www.destinationamerica.com/tv...ilroad-alaska/

[8~{} Uncle Cannon Monster

I saw some thing on the Alaska show about the
avalanches. Can't remember off hand, but I
think those were government workers. Everyone
knows they are reliable and safe with guns.

Government workers of all kinds carry guns,
now days.

This is the top of the mountain in Jackson Wy.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Idaho%20Wyo...e%20Summit.jpg

Is that your cute young lady? She's gorgeous! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Bug-eyed Monster