Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Key contact restoration

On 1/15/2016 1:22 AM, Gareth Magennis wrote:
I'm having a hard time reconciling your text with your picture.
Looks more like 1cm cubes?
And the contact is the circular spot on the bottom of the key?
Rather large???
What part got removed by the customer?

The customer has ripped out all the contact buttons on the right side of
the keyboard, the left side set is still in place and working.
The photo shows the right hand side of the PCB with 2 buttons from the
left side put in the photo to show the size of things.

Gareth.

OK,
I can't imagine you can manufacture new keys at a repair price the
customer could tolerate.

There's a guy who shows up at local ham radio swapmeets and sells
radio attachment gizmos.
He has a 3D printer and claims to be willing and able to make custom gizmos.
I never asked the price.
All his samples were rigid.
Unknown whether he could make the bottom section springy enough
to effect a pushbutton spring.