Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default eReader options

On 01/14/2016 10:33 PM, Don Y wrote:
When I undertake a car repair, I find the camera a great expedient
to track which bolts came off of which mechanism, etc. Or, recording how
cables were dressed.

That does beat a crude sketch on the back of whatever I had laying around.

She's usually not interested in where/when a photo was taken.
Rather, she's captured the "texture" of water running over a
submerged rock. Or, a cloud pattern. Or, sky color. Or, what
some particular creature looks like. I.e., something that she
can use as a "model" for a drawing/painting without having to
be *there*, again.

I don't do art so it's more about remembering the day. If I can remember
where it was. Some I certainly can like Muir Rock at Kings Canyon or the
goats I met on the trail at Mt. Aneas. Other times I've seen too many
waterfalls and mountain vistas unless they're really memorable ones.