Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Condensing boiler temperature setting

On 14/01/2016 19:02, Andrew wrote:
On 14/01/2016 13:42, John Rumm wrote:
On 14/01/2016 12:34, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Has anyone got any thoughts on the correct setting for the temperature
dial on a condensing boiler please?

Its only marked MAX and MIN and has always been left on MAX since it was
installed a few years ago. Our HW stat is on 80C, because that is what I
want. Set the boiler output temperature too low and it will constantly
cycle on and off unable to achieve the demand.

Suggestions and your reasoning please?

snip
The solution to this problem is via a system that supports split
temperature operation, (i.e. one that understands the difference between
running rads and heating a cylinder and uses a higher flow temp for the
the latter). The posh version being weather compensation, that also
understands when its cold outside and makes further adjustments to the
radiator flow temperature in response.

Not all boilers have the controls to do these things.

Could you name some that do ?. I will be looking for a new boiler this
year, possibly, but not necessarily a combi

Most Vaillant, some WB, Some Viseman, and probably quite a number of
others. (I have not been looking at recent models for a few years).

--
Cheers,

John.