Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default eReader options

So, are "18,000 pages" the equivalent of 18,000 PRINT pages?? Roughly
36 books (assume 500pp/book)?

One problem I've found -- and it may depend on the particular eBook format and
the device on which it's being read -- is the absence of page numbers. I used
an eBook version of a textbook for a class I was auditing, and when somebody
referred to a page number of the "dead-tree version," I had to ask for a phrase
for which I could search to find the passage under discussion.

Hmmm... I've never considered that! Most of the documents that I'm
converting *from* some ebook format (*to* PDF's) would have
already lost/forfeit any notion of the original page numbers.

I think most ebook formats are like HTML in the sense that they
concentrate on *content*, not *form*.

Maybe I'll try converting a PDF (with VISIBLE page numbers) into
a MOBI/EPUB/etc. and then back again to gauge how things "move"
in the process.