Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default eReader options

On 01/14/2016 03:33 PM, Don Y wrote:

I don't mind accessing my technical documents *at* a computer because
I am typically referencing them while *working* on the computer. So,
will want to have a document(s) open on one display(s) while working on
something on another display (I have 7 monitors at my workstation).

I would *not* want to read a novel in this environment. I prefer
to do my leisure reading "in the reading room (with the ornate, white
PORCELAIN chair)", lying on the floor, sitting in the car (waiting
for someone) or in a waiting room (doctor/dentist/hospital/etc).

Later on, the first Nook was also the first Android device I ever used
and it
took some days (and a lot of cussing) to get used to the Android
interface.
.IMO the more pieces you can break this exercize into the better.

I guess I don't understand the "interface" issue. Once a document is
available, all you really (typically) need to do is flip pages,
forwards or back. (?)

re page count - a page number usually stays the same for several
"epages".- you
can vary the size of the print in all the ereaders I've tried = the
number of
"epages" per page number varies.

So, are "18,000 pages" the equivalent of 18,000 PRINT pages?? Roughly
36 books (assume 500pp/book)?

One problem I've found -- and it may depend on the particular eBook
format and the device on which it's being read -- is the absence of page
numbers. I used an eBook version of a textbook for a class I was
auditing, and when somebody referred to a page number of the "dead-tree
version," I had to ask for a phrase for which I could search to find the
passage under discussion.

Perce