Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default eReader options

On 1/14/2016 11:34 AM, Susan Bugher wrote:
On 1/14/2016 1:13 AM, Don Y wrote:
Current Nook offerings at B&N:
http://nook.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook/379003208.
"NOOK GlowLight Plus™" is NOT on the list. of Overdrive supported apps.

I think that's what my friend had. ePaper display. Very small. Wireless
network connection (and little else). I'm pretty sure SWMBO would
NOT like that reading experience.

I may just put something on one of the tablet PC's for her and let her
*try* to read/use it...

I started out ereading on a PC - that required figuring out a bunch of stuff.

The "figuring out" isn't an issue for SWMBO -- she has a 24/7/365 "technical
support" department "on call"... : :

She just doesn't want to read at her PC. Typically, while seated on the
couch or sitting up in bed. One of my tablet PC's would satisfy the
portability argument but she's not keen on the size *nor* the
technology ("Why can't they just send me a BOOK??!"). She's at a point
where she will either adapt or abandon the library as a source of
reading materials.

I don't mind accessing my technical documents *at* a computer because
I am typically referencing them while *working* on the computer. So,
will want to have a document(s) open on one display(s) while working on
something on another display (I have 7 monitors at my workstation).

I would *not* want to read a novel in this environment. I prefer
to do my leisure reading "in the reading room (with the ornate, white
PORCELAIN chair)", lying on the floor, sitting in the car (waiting
for someone) or in a waiting room (doctor/dentist/hospital/etc).

Later on, the first Nook was also the first Android device I ever used and it
took some days (and a lot of cussing) to get used to the Android interface.
.IMO the more pieces you can break this exercize into the better.

I guess I don't understand the "interface" issue. Once a document is
available, all you really (typically) need to do is flip pages,
forwards or back. (?)

re page count - a page number usually stays the same for several "epages".- you
can vary the size of the print in all the ereaders I've tried = the number of
"epages" per page number varies.

So, are "18,000 pages" the equivalent of 18,000 PRINT pages?? Roughly
36 books (assume 500pp/book)?