Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default New glue for metals

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 19:19:50 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

On 14/01/16 13:57, Ed Huntress wrote:
It's a little far-out, but this could be a big deal in electronics and
automotive light metals:

http://fortune.com/2016/01/13/mesogl...od-metal-glue/

I've run into Indium before for soldering glass and wanted to have a go
but when I looked into it in small quantities the stuff seemed to be
about the same price as gold so was a non starter for what was
potentially a bit of fun.

That's a metal I've never encountered. This process sounds like
contact cement for metal, with 1,500 psi joints. It could be an
efficient production process. Assembled cure time is a major limiting
factor for adhesive assembly for metals.

--
Ed Huntress