Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default bulb fittings ES or BC

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...

On 14/01/2016 00:20, T i m wrote:

My biggest problem is that I get lots of books that I want
to read from garage/yard sales for peanuts and have never
been crude enough to chop the spines off with a ****ing
great hydraulic guillotine

I've got one of them and it will easily cut the spine off a fat
telephone directory. The blade is horribly sharp.

I have to clamp them between bits of wood and run an electric planer
along.
Most of the time you can find a pdf copy of a book but it may not be a
legal source.

And some of them are pretty poor scans, quite a few typos
and mangled formatting.

And even with someone as well known as Evelyn Waugh,
most of his fiction is easy to find in ebook format but none
of his other non fiction stuff is that I could find, for free.