Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default 14 minute somewhat hostile interview with Trump

On 1/14/2016 9:13 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Don Y:
And you see politicians *exploiting* that fear -- even MANUFACTURING it
when it may not truly exist! Again, makes you wonder what they think of their
constituents...

"Oooo! Terrorism! Here, take my liberties -- just keep me SAFE, Mr Stalin!!"

I saw a pretty good quote from Louis Brandeis the other day:

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty
when the government's purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are
naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded
rulers." ....but.... "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in
insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without
understanding."

People often think that if a little of something is GOOD, then MORE
of that same thing will be BETTER. Do a *little* for people
is good so doing a LOT should be so much BETTER!

But, note that this works BOTH WAYS! E.g., you can claim that a
little deregulation, reduction in size of government is GOOD so
even *more* would be better! It's always amusing to see what the
"less government" folks want to KEEP as government functions
and what that says about them, their fears, etc.