Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Condensing boiler temperature setting

On Thursday, 14 January 2016 12:34:06 UTC, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Has anyone got any thoughts on the correct setting for the temperature
dial on a condensing boiler please?

Its only marked MAX and MIN and has always been left on MAX since it
was installed a few years ago. Our HW stat is on 80C, because that is
what I want. Set the boiler output temperature too low and it will
constantly cycle on and off unable to achieve the demand.

Suggestions and your reasoning please?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

With most people, the lower temperature limitation is governed by the hot water needs.
Subject to the above, set it as low as you can get away with (ie keeping the house warm).