Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default eReader options

On 01/13/2016 11:25 PM, Don Y wrote:
How do you find a specific title? Or, are there only a small number of
titles on the device at any given time (e.g., dozens instead of thousands)?

That's the problem that I hope has been resolved with the new devices. I
haven't found a good way to organize either by topic or a simple
read/unread. There are a series of small dots that indicate how much
you've read but they require carefukl attention to differentiate.

Yeah, I don't deal well with audio books. I don't "digest" material as
well when it is read to me. And, I think random access is more tedious;
if I want to skip back a paragraph (or whatever) to doublecheck how
something mentioned there fits with something I'm reading *here*, it's
easier to just glance up and hunt for the information visually.

I particularly dislike the current trend to consider webinars
'documentation'. It's the lazy way out and my mind tends to wander when
people ramble on.