Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default bulb fittings ES or BC

NY wrote:

As a matter of interest, with radial wiring, is it usual to have one cable
with multiple sockets (maybe all those in the same room) off it, or to have
a separate cable back to the MCB board for each socket? In other words, is
it effectively a ring main per floor, but without the final cable that
completes the loop back to the MSB?

In the UK, as I originally said, a radial on a 20 amp MCB can have any
reasonable number of sockets on it, the IEE recommendation is a
maximum floor area for a single circuit. Thus it doesn't have to be
limited to a single room or anything like that. It doesn't have to be
'one cable', it can be branched as needed.

In Europe the tendency seems to be to have a single MCB for each power
socket - at least the installations I have seen in France seem to be
that way.

--
Chris Green
ยท