Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default 14 minute somewhat hostile interview with Trump

On 1/14/2016 7:13 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Don Y:
According to Shafer, Trump's remarks at an August 11 news conference in
Birch Run, Michigan, put him at an even-lower 3rd grade level (in the
United States, 3rd graders are typically eight or nine years old). Trump
is 69 years old.

As I said, elsewhere, the republican candidates seem to think their
base are idiots. Or, maybe the candidates THEMSELVES are idiots??

I usually err on the pessimistic side... but in this case it seems
things are even worse that I thought.

frown Will next election cycle see rhetoric geared for *7* year olds??
Do candidates (and the electorate) really think problems are this
SIMPLE? Black and white?? If so, they must be completely BAFFLED
by the fact that we haven't "cured" the common cold, ended hunger
and poverty, etc.

You hear folks claiming "carpet bomb them" or "build a wall". Why
not an equally trivial "feed them" or "raise their standard of living"?
Pay a livable wage? End drug addiction? Get rid of bad cops?
Ineffective teachers?

Aren't these JUST AS TRIVIAL for solutions to problems? So, are
the candidates that impotent that they can't do these "simple" things??

("Well, it's more complicated than that..." -- D'uh!)

grin