Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default bulb fittings ES or BC

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 22:40:52 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
NY wrote

I wish the bayonet blub had become a world standard,

I don't. I've never liked them much, its too easy to have cheap designs
that don't hold the bulb very solidly and are easy to damage because of
the way the metal retaining pins are held in the bulb holder.

because it is *much* less likely to corrode in place than the ES bulb,

Never had that problem with any of my ES bulbs and I do use them almost
everywhere because I prefer PAR38 bulbs.

the world's maddest bulb choice. AFAIK ES is the only system with enough
strength for those beasts.

How about GES?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England