Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tee-Nut

wrote:
There were two people who involved in metalworking who published, in
one form or another, as Tubal Cane. One was Robert Bastow, AKA Tee Nut
Eric

OK , it appears that the Logan Lathe QCGB repair videos I watched were NOT
by Tee Nut . I was afraid to criticize those because Tee Nut is held in such
high esteem here ... and I was not impressed . He had the usual crashed
carraige syndrome where the last 16/32 gear pair (left side) had stripped
the 16t section . Logan wants a handsome price for replacements , and
they're worth it - to someone who can't make them in their own shop (I can
and have) . He ended up buying a gear that needed modification but did work
in the end , but bitched and whined thru the whole project .
Not at all what I'd have expected from Tee Nut , based on what I've read
here about him .
--
Snag