Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Extreme Sandbox

Micky writes:
On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 13:26:18 -0600, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

On 1/12/2016 4:05 PM, Micky wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 13:38:48 -0600, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

On 1/12/2016 11:36 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 08:38:21 -0800, "taxed and spent"
wrote:

This has been done before.

Las Vegas has a "Sandbox" _Dig This_

http://digthisvegas.com/

They're the ones who inspired the Sandbox guys to actually start up
their idea. They'd thought about doing it, but hadn't done anything.
Then they found out there was one operating in Nevada, and decided to
go ahead with their dream.

Not too far from this place is Drive A Tank, where you can rent a
variety of surplus army tanks and machine guns and have fun:
http://www.driveatank.com
Drive over a car, drive through a house. War games.

This sounds like a lot more fun than driving a bulldozer!

Even more fun than driving a forklift .

It's my dream. But I'm not selfish - if I ever won the lottery, I'd
bring the whole family, rent the place for the day, and let everybody
work out their mads with each other using tanks.

Do they let people fire the big guns on the tanks? It seems too
risky to me. Someone would pay the 300, turn the tank around and blow
up the waiting room. Then stop payment on the check.

All privately held tanks are demilitarized. That means the barrel
has been welded shut in such a way as to prevent re-activation.