Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Small engine troubleshooting

On 1/13/2016 12:17 PM, Oren wrote:
Thanks, I'll make a note of it. But, he's not the type who usually
likes to "tinker". Wanna bet *I'll* either be asked to fix it
OR he'll just "buy new"? :

It can't be difficult to get the engine to run unless it is a
mechanical failure. It just needs fuel, oxygen and ignition

Yeah, as autoshop teacher always said when troubleshooting
car engines. I used to keep a neon lamp driven off the coil
wire *on* my dash (if lamp isn't lit, aint got no spark!)

Issue will be his eagerness to get *past* the "problem" -- by
either dropping it in *my* lap or purchasing a replacement.

Power connector for his $1500 laptop broke. He was ready to buy
a new laptop instead of the $4 replacement part (plus a whole day
of MY time!) that it took to get it (and all his files!) back.

I'm not keen to extend myself for fear he'll show up with
something *big* and bulky -- that I won't be able to move to a
convenient workplace (e.g., our back yard is not easily accessible
except THROUGH the house!). There are limits to friendship! :