Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bulb fittings ES or BC

On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 16:45:01 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/01/16 16:02, wrote:
NY wrote:
"Martin Bonner" wrote in message

Are ring mains mainly a UK innovation, then? I hadn't realised that.

Yes, I believe it was basically a copper saving idea in the post 2nd
war years.

Personally I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages, I always
install 20 amp MCB radial circuits in preference to ring circuits.

I claim the opposite view - particularly in kitchens, having it not
matter too much how you plug those 3-4 high power appliances in makes
having a 32A circuit quite sensible.

Ring circuits are almost all upsides compared to radials. There's not much contest.

NT