Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default bulb fittings ES or BC

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 2:37:00 PM UTC, wrote:
People wrote:

all the BC versions were sold out so I got some ES versions. Then I
realised the adapters I got off ebay are all the other way round.

You can get adaptors, but they're not really legal or altogether safe. It's 50/50 whether the outer screw thread is live or not, and I wouldn't want to put 100w in one.

I've ordered some now. But yes that is a very good point. I think when I use them I will take steps to ensure they are connected the safer way round. Its certainly easier to touch that outer thread than the bayonet pins.

I have both types of light fittings (largely due to Ikea) and both types of bulbs (due to whatever affordable/decent LEDs or CFLs were available), so interoperability is helpful.

Simon.
Simon.