Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] avagadro7@gmail.com is offline

Default Bugs in the machine.

right live on Florida. Roaches slitherd into the speaker grilles on a Dell 1705E 2006. I imagined the unti was sealed of from insect excursions but not.

However was advised all the circuitry is sprayed with a waterproof clear polymer.
I see connectors not qualifying for sealed but prob not available for an outhouse or sewage flow.

Best....place the unit inside a sealed box at night, when your not using it. Rig a thru wall ac line sealed with silicone.

The roaches I experienced didnah care if I was at the keyboard or not.

Home Depot has an insecticide row.

My truck had underseat pillbugs or sowbugs or kin. HD has a container of white plastic insecticide structures. One placed under mat between seats killed the bugs where 2 other tries from Wal did not. No odor or gas release form under the mat.

Insecticides contained in a designed structure lasts longer than the spray insecticide. Controlled emission.