Posted to alt.home.repair
taxed and spent taxed and spent is offline

Default Extreme Sandbox

"Micky" wrote in message
Some of you might remember years ago when I had an idea I knew I would
not pursue, so I offered it to anyone reading.

It was going to be something like Dollywood Park, Palisades Park,
Riverside Park, Cascade Park, Dorneyville Park, Coney Island,
Playland, Six Flags, an amusement park. To be called Industrial Park.
But instead of rides like the ones I've listed, this one would let
people use industrial machinery that normally they have little or no
chance to use.

They could drive a forklift and move pallets around, run a jackhammer,
use a riveting gun, a cutting torch, a welding torch, etc.

I don't think anyone took up my idea, but my friend saw on Sharktank,
on TV a fairly new venture trying to expand called Extreme Sandbox.
Get it, like kids play in the sandbox but "extreme" is the word these
days, for extreme sports, for example.

www.extremesandbox.com Visitors get to drive a bulldozer, a large
excavator, or a front-loader (that they call a skid steer). they
can....

One difference is that I was going to charge 30, 40, maybe 50 a ticket
--- that seemed like enough to me, and more than what Six Flags
charges --- but they 're charging 200 an hour for each person (skid
steer only), or 300 for 90 minutes on any one piece of equipment. So
they have enough money to pay for insurance, for when the newbies kill
themselves and each other. They're certainly not going to get many
middle income repeat customers, but I guess they wouldn't anyhow.

Also 250 an hour, 2 hour minimum, for a group to ride on a fire
engine.

Also Sharks take what sharks want! To celebrate our Shark Tank
appearance, we are offering an amazing deal- The Feeding Frenzy
Special Offer! This 3 1/2 hour adventure gets you about 3 hours of
equipment time broken out on the equipment any way YOU want! In fact,
bring some other sharks along to the Feeding Frenzy for only
$75/person extra. You have 1 Captain (Instructor) that can run up to
two pieces of the same equipment at the same time; so break out the 3
hours any way you want!

Feeding Frenzy Special Offer - $495
- 3 1/2 hr adventure (20-25 min classroom training / 3 hours of
equipment time)
-3 choices of equipment: excavator, bulldozer, skid steer
-1 Captain (Instructor)
-Add a Shark: $75/ person
-Package valued @ $695, you save $200!!

So, do you want to meet in Minnesota or Florida. I'm buying.

One in Minnesota and the new one after Sharktank in Texas.

This has been done before.