Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Senco Model PP2 Meter

On 01/10/2016 7:56 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 19:38:00 -0800 (PST), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

"Peak-to-Peak" meter.
For what are (were) they used? Got it for free.
Is it simply so I don't have to multiply by 1.414?
Be gentle. I'm new at all this and trying to learn.
Ivan Vegvary

Like this Senco PP2 ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151944955761
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300846516496
It's not really a "meter". It's a "Peak to Peak Comparison Meter",
whatever that means.

What's inside:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/a/%28KGrHqN,!ikFCd%28btD-8BQ8wKmgb-!~~/s-l1600.jpg
I couldn't find a manual or schematic. I have only some bad guesses
as to what it does and how it works. At least you didn't pay any
money for it.

I think it is a curve tracer of some sort.

Is that a line cord soldered to the metal can of the potentiometer?

Nasty.

Is the line cord polarized?

Did the Senco company get sued out of business by the widows?

John ;-#)#
www.flippers.com