Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default 14 minute somewhat hostile interview with Trump

On 1/11/2016 12:41 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Micky:

If the media is so liberal, how come Trump gets 20 times as much news
coverage as Bernie Sanders. Trump has has 20 or 30% of the
Republicans in polls and Bernie has had the same percentage of the
Democrats, but Trump gets 20 times as much coverage.

The media is not about news.

The media is about titillation and entertainment.

+1

Many years ago, I came out of the house to find neighbor reading a
copy of _The (National) Enquirer_. As I knew him to be reasonably
intelligent (not the sort I would imagine would read that sort
of "trash"), I commented on this, to him.

He smiled and said, "You misunderstand. This isn't claiming
to be *news* or even *factual*! It's *entertainment*! Just
like most of the shock jocks on talk radio -- their goal
is to get people talking about *them*, not the issues!"

The media needs "news" in order to serve a role (i.e., "have a job!").
So, it is in THEIR best interests to MAKE things "newsworthy"
(even if they really *aren't*!)

It's worth rethinking this sort of thing when you look at
any "societal role". Look at any role, the responsibilities
that are associated with it and guess the likelihood that
the behavior of folks in that role will be "objective".

Trump supplies more of each.

Trump is an entertainer. What's amusing is the sorts of folks
who think that he is a man of "substance"...