Roy J. Tellason

Default LISTEN up, people requesting datasheets

JURB6006 wrote:
Good idea. I've been considering taking a little time at work per week and
scanning a few portions of prints, especially like the Mits ones that have a
page of the IC info. I'll save and name them right and it'll make a fine
database.

Either that or I'll take a coupla prints home every weekend and scan them
up. I think emailing them to people would come under fair use, but I think
selling a CD with all of them might bite me in the (_|_) legally. I bet
sharing them on a P2P network would be defensible enough that they wouldn't
bother us, but if they see money change hands, well you know what happens
then. Lawyers.

For prints, yeah. But for parts data?

Speaking of selling a CD database of IC and related specs., I would REALLY
like to buy one. Searching the internet gets old, and on the bieng clock
makes a comprehensive CD quite valuable.

I'm into collecting info here. LOTS of info. I don't know how much of it
would be pertinent to what you're talking about here, but maybe we should
talk a bit more about this.

Perhaps we should install WinMX or whatever and trade them around that way.
We definitely won't have a problem with the RIAA or MPAA, and if a
manufacturer screws with us, we just go public and see how far they want to
go to blackball themselves ! HA !

Yeah. Nobody's going to complain about a parts database anyhow.

Now I'd like to mention something actually pertinent to your post: Get an
ECG book ! Years ago these were invaluable when you were working without a
print. Their usefulness has decreased due to changes in the industry, but in
the example you gave (LA5515) I believe there actually is an ECG cross.
Therefore some info is available in their catalogue/cross refrence book.
"The ECG book"

Sometimes it is a schematic, sometimes just a pinout, either way it beats
nothing !

Yeah! I have been using mine here, lately, just to try and figure out what
some of this pile of scrap parts I have here are good for. And in the past
couple of hours discovered *another* one. :-)