Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey.Kangaroo Joey.Kangaroo is offline

Default Here we go again, toilet flange dilemma

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 15:03:47 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'm not sure what the answer is, but the existing setup worked for 10
years. What did they do 10 years ago that you cannot do now? If you
can duplicate it you will save a lot of money.

Does it sit solid with no seal? If so, can you buy a thinner one or
shave a wax seal?

There is another solution. Throw the toilet away. Build a wooden box
over the flange and attach it to the floor and wall. Cut a circle in the
top of the wooden box, and put a traffic cone in that hole, upside down.
Be sure to put the pointed end of the traffic cone into the flange hole.
Mount a toilet seat if you desire one, over the base of the cone.

You now have a toilet. To flush, just pour a bucket of water into the
cone, or connect a longer hose to your portable shower head and spray it
down the cone.

ENJOY !!!!