Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Problem with GE JB700SNSS Range (followup)

On 1/10/2016 2:16 PM, mcp6453 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. It turns out that the problem was extremely simple. For some reason, the 240 volt outlet is
mounted on the floor. When the range was pushed back into place, it partially dislodged the plug. All I had to do was
plug it back in and reroute the cord so that it hopefully will not happen again. It must have been that way for several
years. That's scary.

As far as the clock working, apparently once leg of the plug was making contact, providing 120 to the range.

Although I saved a service call on the range, my heat pump stopped working the same day. It was 4-1/2 pounds low on R22.

Thank you for the follow up report. Glad it was some thing simple.

--
..
Christopher A. Young