Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_5_] dennis@home[_5_] is offline

Default Posidrive or slotted screws for woodwork?

On 10/01/2016 17:56, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 17:52:39 -0000, newshound
wrote:

On 10/01/2016 17:25, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:58:22 -0000, newshound
wrote:

On 10/01/2016 16:22, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:12:31 -0000, newshound
wrote:

On 10/01/2016 16:01, Bod wrote:
Are there any luddites in here still preferring the old fashioned
slotted screws?

Certainly not me. I suppose I might consider slotted brass anywhere
particularly visible on antique furniture.

Can you not get Pozidrive brass?

You can, and I might use them for somewhere visible on modern hardwood
(eg keyhole escutcheon), but they don't look right on anything antique
(IMHO).

Because they don't look old?

Exactly.

I thought decent antique stuff had all the screws hidden anyway.

Decent antiques don't have screws.
They weren't around much 200 years ago.

Reproductions have screws.