Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Posidrive or slotted screws for woodwork?

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 17:17:39 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 10/01/16 17:08, Bod wrote:
On 10/01/2016 17:01, harry wrote:
On Sunday, 10 January 2016 16:22:35 UTC, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:12:31 -0000, newshound
wrote:

On 10/01/2016 16:01, Bod wrote:
Are there any luddites in here still preferring the old fashioned
slotted screws?

Certainly not me. I suppose I might consider slotted brass anywhere
particularly visible on antique furniture.

Can you not get Pozidrive brass?

No, brass isn't hard enough.

Sheridized screws look as good as brass though..

...until they rust..

Errr, I though galvanised stuff never rusted. Sacrificial protection and all that.

--
The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.