Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Tongue n Groove bits

On 1/10/16 7:05 AM, Sonny wrote:

If I may proffer: Like some moon and Mars photos, and mountian photos,

many folks see images, human faces in/among the natural features.

I sense that has happened with Karl's cabinet.

Personally, I like that look, it's different.

I can see your brow image, since you point it out, same as with human
features in those moon, Mars, etc. images.

I'd like to see a SketchUp image of Karl's cabinet with the bottom's edging,

the bottom rail, contoured the same as those upper "eye brows", i.e.,
matching features.

I'll bet the overall view would reveal just as nice of esthetics. As is,

those two "lines" (the eye brows and bottom rail) don't match, and that
kinna stands out oddly, for me.

With that....

I've often tried different looks on many of my improvised designs/pieces,

then stand back and see what alterations (improvements??) I can tweak
for the next similar piece, to make it better (for my eye). *Does that
make sense?

Sonny

Sure does!

An earlier attempt at an A&C end table got me to think it looks kind of
angry with the lower arch:

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/121810

When moving on past square parts and sections, details like arches and
flutes can really set things apart (or just look funky). I'm building
some end tables now. I like the A&C styles and lately I've really begun
to appreciate the enhancements done by Green & Green. Same basic style
but far fewer straight lines. I've made some lamps, the first set follow
basic designs with a few minor mods:

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/212730

The other set went a lot further on the mods:

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/198426

I'm close to what I'd consider 'good', but there are always additional
tweeks needed.

-BR