Posted to rec.woodworking

Default life of a tree revealed in the rings

On 1/9/2016 2:11 PM, OFWW wrote:
On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 08:00:44 -0500, Mike Marlow
wrote:

On 1/8/2016 2:05 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 1/6/2016 5:43 PM, OFWW wrote:
And then a North American heads to Australia and gets confused because
the toilet flushes opposite than it does here.

The water goes ... UP???

No Greg - that's French toilets. They consider that their daily shower...

ROTFL! The first time I was in Paris, and I was using the commode, not
the "B" just to be clear, I flushed the commode, and the room I was in
was on the 5th floor, the water literally leapt out through the seat.
Not a pleasant experience.

I had heard about French toilets long before my first trip to France,
but when I had my first encounter with them it still came as quite the
surprise. Not very fond of that idea at all...

--
-Mike-