Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Problem with GE JB700SNSS Range

In ,
mcp6453 typed:
Our GE JB700SNSS range went dead. The circuit breaker didn't blow.
Before I could get time to pull the range out to test to make sure
the main supply was good, it started working again. Or so I thought.
The clock is working, but the top elements don't heat. Since the
clock is working, it's not the power. What else could the problem be
besides the control module?

Does the oven work? In other words, do you mean that the top elements don't
work, but the oven does work; or do you mean the top elements don't work and
the oven also doesn't work?

You may want to check the model number again. I think there is supposed to
be a number (1 through 5) between the "N" and the "SS" in the model number.

You can try looking at this website for information and begin by entering
the model number at the top of the main page (do not include the "GE" in the
model number, just the JB700SN.... part):
http://www.repairclinic.com/

There is also a good video on the website about how electric range/ovens
work and how to diagnose the problem:

http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHe...ing-JB700SN3SS

Also, I did a Google search for the owner's manual and it looks like you
should be able to find one online such as at:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/587...Jsp39snss.html

Good luck, and let us know what you figure out if you get it solved.