Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Noisy space heater fans

On 1/9/2016 11:29 AM, KenK wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote in
news
On 1/8/2016 12:33 PM, KenK wrote:
I try to lube the fan in fall before the heater is used. However, I
think the bearings are sealed as it doesn't seem to help. In a few
years the fan starts getting moisy.

I suspect the heater makers use cheap fans with sealed bearings so
people replace the heaters sooner; the elements and switches far out
last them

Anyone found a solution? Learn to enjoy listening to the fan instead
of the radio or TV or stereo?

I've tried using fanless heaters such as the hot oil radiator type
but sometimes they just don't heat well enough.

TIA

Please tell us about your existing lubrication
procedure. What tools do you use? What kind of
lube? And where does one put the lube?

Whatever occurs to me at the moment. usually probably a few drops of 3 in
1 oil around the shaft where it enters the motor. No obvious oil holes in
the motors.

Other posts have detailed my views on three in
one. Zoom spout or ND-30 should provide better
service.

Of course, some small motors have metal ends,
and some folks drill an oil hole.

--
..
Christopher A. Young