Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Trump Filter

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 10:07:20 PM UTC-6, T wrote:
On 01/08/2016 12:37 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 1/8/2016 2:32 PM, T wrote:
On 01/08/2016 07:28 AM, Muggles wrote:
On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 23:17:19 -0800, T wrote:
I've been meaning to ask you how work is going for
you? Are you getting busier?

I am not sure. Directly after the holidays, things are a
little weird.

I have to pick up any new business. It need about
three to get back on my feet.

Ok... May you pick up at least 3 new clients ASAP!

Thank you for asking!

Yw

Hi Maggie,

Thank you!

You opinion please. I was thinking of getting a bunch
on ball point pens drawn up with my business name
and phone number. And handing them out when I hand
out cards.

Waste of money? I am thinking that one or the
other (card or pen) may wind up in the trash,
but probably not both. They cost about 50 cents
per pen.

It can't hurt to try. Do you leave them just with face to face business
contacts?

Hi Maggie,

My face is not on my business cards, just writing. I think
realtors are the only ones with their faces on their cards.

I walk right in and talk to anyone that will talk to
me. I explain my service. Sometimes give them a quick consult
on any problems they may be having. I usually get my hand
shook and complemented about my attitude.

As far as I can tell, I am doing everything right. I have
been told by several that they are hanging on by their
fingernails. Accountants/bookeepers say the same thing
about the rest of the business community. All too
often those I thought would call me, I go and visit 6 months
to a year later and their offices are cleared out.

I would say 2 out of 3 business office buildings are
empty. I is even worse now that we have a new commerce
tax looming over our heads.

I keep my mouth shut about politics and religoun when
handing out cards. Just keep it business. Not a word about
the horse meat in my refreg that Stormin' pawned off on
me as unicorn meat. (I wonder if he will see that!)

:-)

-T

I'm here in The South where it's hard to deal with some of my cousins. Half my relatives are Southern Baptist and I must be very careful what I say around them especially the women. They look for sin everywhere, in everything and they will find it whether it exists or not. I can say "Hello" and they're offended because "Hell" is a swear word and "O" is a sexual reference. They smile and are pleasant but as soon as you are gone, they run to their boss and claim you were nasty to them. I was repairing a computer system that had quit working when I discovered a Trojan horse virus infecting the system. Not thinking, I said,"This computer has a Trojan on it." Of course the secretary smiled and was pleasant nodding her head as though she understood then went to her boss and told him I was being vulgar and talking sex to her. There are people out there who are surrounded by verbal landmines and it's extremely difficult to carry on a conversation with them. GEEZ! Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Vulgar Monster