View Single Post
  #11   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Wiring Job, Yippee!

On 1/8/2016 10:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I did my first wire running job (sort of) in about two years. I have a 32" LED TV on a small dresser across from the foot of my hospital bed. The TV has 3 HDMI inputs and 3.5 mm stereo audio output. I got 15 foot HDMI and a 3.5 mm stereo extension cables so I can hook the TV to my Chromebook and plug in my earphones to the TV. I ordered self adhesive plastic cable clips from Amazon along with cables. My bed is against the wall on the side of the room with the window and through the wall HVAC unit. The bottom of the window sill is 27" from the floor so I put cable clips on the wall one foot apart and 27" from the floor on the L shaped coroner of the walls around from the TV to my bed. I can now send video from the 11.1" Chromebook to a 32" screen and I can watch TV without disturbing my roommate with my earphones connected to the TV. I do have a neat little Bluetooth dongle that I can plug into the TV and listen with my Bluetooth headset but the headset doesn't completely cover my

ears like the wired full ear coverage recording studio type earphones I also have. I would have been unable to do this a month ago and making a cable run from a wheelchair and crawling around on a bed isn't the easiest thing in the world to do either but I did it! Yay! I have more projects in mind, wish me luck. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Project Monster

Good job!

--
Maggie