Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Call blockers

Mark Lloyd writes:

On 01/07/2016 12:38 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

[snip]

Nomorobo explains how their system works by requiring the incoming
call to ring two phone numbers simultaneously, their system number and
your phone number, to determine if the incoming call is a robo-call.
If the call is a robo-call you will only hear that one ring.

How does it determine if its a robo-call? If by number, then its
useless for the vast majority of calls I'm getting now (they keep
changing the number they're "calling from").

As I said, works for me.

They get the block list from the users.
Like me.

If a call gets through and it has a legitimate number I enter it
into their block list, through, what they call the "dashboard".

Since they have lots of users, and approve new entries pretty quick,
I'm getting a high effective rate.

Unless they change the number on every call, nomorobo will catch up.

For a while, I was getting robo calls from the same exchange that
I live in. I use Verizon's block list to block them as the telemarketer
is impersonating some neighbor and I don't want nomorobo to block a
neighbor. I haven't seen one of those in ages though.

I can assure you, the service is far from useless.

--
Dan Espen