Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Free Equipment Removal and Russian Santa

Ignoramus22892 wrote:
I hooked up the Ole Hickory CTO meat smoker to natural gas and
electric, in my shop.

It did seem to work, for the most part, and it was quite uncomplicated
in its operation.

However, the heat thermostat seemed to not work properly, as it was
only adjusting above 255 degrees and supposed to produce 225 degrees
or even less.

I think that I will buy a new thermostat switch for it.

Also the wood chip box is almost completely rusted away and I need to
make a new one.

It does, however, work on a basic level and it does turn off at about
260 degrees, which is what it maintains. I will try to see how I can
regulate the heat for lower temp settings.

Thermostat should go down to 100 and up to 300/325 or so if I remember
right.
There is a safety on them that should cut the burner at something like
350/375

You do realize the second you start smoking meat in the shop that drool
is corrosive... :-)

Ever try smoking cheese at home? Works real nice and you can alter the
flavor of the cheese to match other items.

I've done pork, beef, cheese, salmon, venison, turkey, shrimp, and tons
of jerky.

--
Steve W.