Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Gasoline prices have come down, but not motor oil prices.

Arthur Conan Doyle writes:
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

But doesn't everybody have to agree that the world, as a whole, has a
limited supply of oil ?

To reduce it to the ridiculous, let's say that the world's supply of oil
is presently a thousand times as much as all the experts say.

But even at 1,000x.... it is still limited..... and every barrel we pump
today is one less barrel that will be available tomorrow.

To me, a truly conservative position would be to economize as much as
possible on the barrels we pump today so we will have more tomorrows
where the stuff is available or, at least, not priced out of sight.

Just as the world has a limited supply of Oxygen and water. Both are just as
necessary as oil - even more so. Should we reduce our use of those as well?

That must be the most egregious false analogy I've seen in a great while.
So much for your nym.

Even you should realize that Apples are not equal to Oranges.

And indeed, one should reduce the use of water, where at all possible. It
is, indeed, a limited resource and one where the underground reserves are
dwindling fast and competition for whats left is heating up. Just look at
the Colorado river, or the perrenial water disputes between Ok and Tx.