Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Noisy space heater fans

I try to lube the fan in fall before the heater is used. However, I think
the bearings are sealed as it doesn't seem to help. In a few years the fan
starts getting moisy.

I suspect the heater makers use cheap fans with sealed bearings so people
replace the heaters sooner; the elements and switches far out last them

Anyone found a solution? Learn to enjoy listening to the fan instead of the
radio or TV or stereo?

I've tried using fanless heaters such as the hot oil radiator type but
sometimes they just don't heat well enough.

TIA