Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Thunder

bob_villain wrote:
On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:01:33 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:
When I hear thunder, or I'm temporarily away from my XP Home computer and
thunder is predicted, I turn the system and UPS off and unplug the modem
telephone line. Overkill? Before I did this I lost the built-in modem to a
nearby lightning strike (I assume).

However most businesses and many other systems are left on durng storms
evidently with no problems.

What do you do?

TIA

When I had dial-up or DSL, I did the same as you. With cable...I rarely do anything. ¬_¬

Are telephone lines overhead? Nothing overhead in my neighborhood.
I don't do anything when I hear thunder even my dog.