Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Call blockers

Per Frank:
I've been saying that for years. The government and phone company have
to know where these calls are coming from and how to stop them. Their
do not call lists are a joke.

- The phone companies are making money on those calls.

- Things get more complicated when those calls originate
offshore and go through multiple VOIP relays. (whatever
*those* are.... but I've got a half-dozen lame letters
from the Pennsylvania AG's office citing that as the
reason they no longer can do anything.

OTOH, I have to think it's a money/resources thing
because it would seem that they could set up honey pots
and prosecute once money changes hands.
--
Pete Cresswell