Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT, Trump Filter

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 2:30:53 AM UTC-5, T wrote:

Ibn Khaldûn's writings are what the Laffer curve
is based on.

I hope you got a chance to read through it. It
is like taking an entire college course in economics
packed into one letter, so I can see it being a bit
intimidating

Again, this is pure nonsense. Sadly, it's what most Republicans
believe, which is that you can cut any tax, anytime, and it
will always be at least revenue neutral or produce more revenue.
And then they just point to a Renaissance philosopher for proof.
It just isn't so, as looking at LAffer and common sense will tell you.
In the case of Trump, every tax analysis that I have seen done,
including ones done by conservatives, have concluded that his cuts
will increase the deficit by ~$10 tril over ten years. And contrary
to what you claim, that analysis was done using DYNAMIC models.
You can't make huge cuts on the taxpayers supplying the vast majority
of the revenue, cut their rates from 35% to less than 20% and expect the
revenue to remain the same.

BTW, where is the info on Trump as to who did the analysis for
him, what models they used, etc? Why is it that we don't know
who came up with it and if any analysis was done at all? Why
can't we talk to them?