Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT, Trump Filter

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 12:16:04 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 1/6/2016 10:55 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 11:18:16 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 1/6/2016 5:14 AM, trader_4 wrote:

It only produces more tax revenue if taxes are already too high on the
Laffer curve. That is what you and most GOP don't understand. You just
hear part of the theory, the part you want to hear, and ignore the rest
of reality. Following your faulty logic, we could set rates at zero
and collect even more revenue.

Lowering taxes stimulates the economy, which, in turn, encourages
businesses to expand and hire more people who pay additional taxes, and
those people spend more money. When taxes are lower businesses expand
and they pay more business taxes, and even though the tax rate for them
might be lower, the increased in business will still bring in more taxes
than it would have collected previously from a business that hadn't
expanded or hired more employees.

When the government imposes too many taxes on it's people, the people
have less to spend, thus, discouraging economic growth.

No **** Sherlock.

Such comments aren't necessary, imo, unless you're just wanting to
showcase either your personal lack of self-control, or emotional
intelligence level. Honestly, trader, you have some interesting
viewpoints, but I often hesitate responding to you because of your
self-righteous caveman know-it-all approach to how you respond to just
about everyone.

I couldn't care less. You almost always respond with some drivel
that shows you can't grasp the most basic concepts. In this case,
I explained the Laffer curve, how you can't just cut taxes and
expect it to be revenue neutral or produce an increase, because
it depends where you are on the Laffer curve. You respond with
"but if I get a tax cut, I spend more money", or similar drivel.

I don't know the magic number for cutting taxes since it's not my job to
analyze it, but I'm fairly confident that cutting taxes WILL stimulate
the economy resulting in more jobs, more people who CAN pay taxes on
income, and more businesses putting more money into the economy.

--
Maggie

And there you go again. You just don't get it. No one is saying that
cutting taxes won't stimulate the economy. The issue is whether or not
those tax cuts are revenue neutral or increase the deficit. That depends
on where you are on the LAffer curve, which I've explained 3 times now.